Wow--is it ever hard for me to be patient! I am a classic oldest, type A personality. I not only know how things should be but am sure I can speed up the process. I have a hard time waiting and trusting God to bring things about in His own time.
Chris and I have often referred to our Texas years as "our time in Egypt". You may recall that in the Gospel, an angel told Joseph in a dream to take his family to Egypt to avoid Herod's murderous rage against the new born king. I'm sure that time was painful for all of them, especially Mary, as she was disconnected from her community, living among strangers and waiting for God's call to finally go home.
That's us. Chris and I know we want to be back on the east coast, within an easy drive of my family. To be honest, the east coast is home even without my family. My entire self misses the seasons. I miss the snow and all of the photos I haven't taken of my babies bundled head to toe for winter fun. It is time to go home.
And yet, we wait. We need the job that will allow us to move with Shell. Chris is confident it will happen and I trust him but it may take up to a year. And I am so ready to pack up today.
Back in my younger days, when I needed a change, I moved. I packed my little red Ford Escort and headed off for the next adventure. If there is anything more liberating than hitting the road after shaking the dust from my flip flops, I don't know what it is. Still, these days, I am not looking for the next place, I am looking for the place. I am ready to find the home base from which our kids will fly off to seek their ways in the world. I'm not looking for adventure so much as a place to put down roots.
I think, looking back, Houston will be my least favorite place to have lived. There are a lot of reasons for that but the most important is one I simply have a hunch about. I don't think God has allowed us to get comfortable here because He has other plans for us. Very special ones.
I know I have to be patient but I am very excited.
I understand. Completely. I don't know yet where 'home' is, but I'm thankful that I am planted here for now. I didn't know why until D became ill and needed TCH. But for now, I know where I need to be. Your answer will come.
ReplyDeleteand I'm glad you are here. :)