Monday, August 16, 2010

The Wrap Up

So this is it, the last post in the OBX 2010 saga. I had quite a few favorite photos that didn't fit into our "best of" list. So here they are, in no particular order:

Sophie's new shoes
We came across a store that had a huge selection of crocs. Sophie chose these very hot pink ones. They weren't exactly what I had in mind and I tried to talk her out of them (among other things, I told her she wouldn't be able to sleep because they would be so bright at night) but they are so Sophie. Her cousin Lauren coveted them and wore them almost as much as Sophie did while we were at the beach. And yes, Sophie does wear them on the wrong feet as she does with all of her shoes!


The pool wasn't mentioned in the list but it is a must-have for our group. Between the beach and the pool, we spend the whole day outside.



fotograf--ista
Tara's favorite new hobby.

Sophus the Mophus
As I've mentioned before, I am queen of the nickname. All of the girls have more than one. Sophie's latest and greatest is "Mophus". It started with Sophus, turned into Sophus the Mophus and now is just Mophus. Sophie didn't like it much at first but tolerates it now that Uncle Dave has adopted it as well. He was the one who spelled out the "Mophus" above.

We did family photos at the beach again. Ours weren't great. Dave and Jes and Tara and Lawrence got some good ones. I like this one because of the volunteer to the right.

a triplet moment

birthday cake for some other triplets--Ryan, Zack and Grace

The kids did a play with a kit Jes gave Grace

late night karaoke


Another Goggle Girl?


Chris singing "Pop Goes My Heart"
Tara was his back-up dancer.

Do they look like they're "Defying Gravity"?
They were very good.



Dave shows Grace his new favorite game "Sound Hound"


I call this one "Fun with Facial Hair"


Cousin It

Cutest sand castle on the beach


So, that's it. I really loved this year's vacation. We explored a different part of the Outer Banks. We kept the TV off all week and I left my computer behind--and didn't miss it at all. We gathered in the living room every night for peaceful prayer time as a big extended family. It was wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. I will get you back for all those ridiculous pictures of me. You better sleep with one eye open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait till I do my "Different Faces of Jes" post!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.