Time. It moves so differently when we're on vacation. Not that it goes by slowly any other season. It's always flying but those few extra special weeks a year, when I long for it to crawl a little, it always moves at the speed of light.
This year's OBX vacation was extra wonderful for some reason. We did everything we wanted to do and still managed to do nothing. At the beginning of the week, I felt rich with days and days of beach and pool and hot tub and fun stretching out before me. As Saturday drew near, I experienced the familiar end-of-vacation blues and wanted to hold onto every precious moment before it slipped away.
David took a poll of everyone--even the two two year olds--about what their three "best things" about the vacation were. So here is the list. It was supposed to be a Top Ten but ended up being a Top Thirteen. Last year, I posted my top ten photos. This year, I'll post the photos that go with each item on the list and maybe a few more. I took over 600---how's a girl to choose?
So here it is--top activities at OBX 2010:
#13 The Steak Dinner (Thursday night)
#12 Reading
#11 Jumping off the Lifeguard Stand (I wish I'd done that!--Next year.)
#10 Collecting Seashells and Jelly fish
#9 Outing to Jockey's Ridge
#8 Dinner out at Sunset Bar and Grill (would've been my #1)
#7 Sports on the Beach
#6 Alice's Surprise Party (NĂºmero 40)
#5 Visiting with the Cousins
#4 Hot Tub
#3 Jet Skis
#2 Digging pools for Ella and swimming in them
#1 Swimming in the Ocean
So much fun. So many photos. See you back here over the next week to get...the rest of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.