We stopped by the Ave Maria Grotto in Cullman, AL today.
Amazing. More on that later.
So, this is the end of Day Two of our long trip back to Texas. In the back of my mind, I had hoped not to make this trip. Ideally, our house would have sold and, instead of the long car ride, we would have been dealing with moving logistics. In the days leading up to our departure, I wasn't particularly sad to be going back. I have a lot to do, including my job at the college which I love but as the time came to say our goodbyes and drive slowly out of Camp Kreitzer, I found myself rebelling at the thought of returning to what I had begun to think of as my former life. It's like what Harry said at the end of When Harry Met Sally, "when you decide where you want to spend the rest of your life, you want the rest of your life to start...as soon as possible"--or something like that. I am ready. Ready to move. Ready to settle in. Ready to start our new life. And mostly, ready to put down deep roots. It seems that, for the time being at least, that is not to be. Instead, it is time to be patient. So we will keep the house on the market and maybe finally bury St. Joseph in the hope that this Christmas will be a white one at a new Casa Doyle.
We spent 11 months in "housing limbo" and I certainly understand how you feel. It's amazing how much your life can change in a few months. Now go bury St. Joseph!
ReplyDelete