My, my how can I resist you?
So--last week, on our actual anniversary, Chris and I spent the day and evening with the whole gang at the beach. The adults enjoyed a solo dinner that night toward the end of which Chris pulled out a few gifts, gave me a very moving toast and re-proposed. We've been planning to renew our vows next year on our tenth anniversary and Chris thought I needed a new proposal to go with it. I'm still mulling over my answer :)
Yesterday, we celebrated our anniversary again by ourselves. One of our yearly traditions while we're in Virginia is to visit a winery. We like to go in the early afternoon, do a wine tasting then sit and talk for a couple of hours. Virginia has some beautiful vineyards and I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite out of the ones we've been to.
Yesterday we visited the Rappahannock Vineyard which is owned and operated by a Catholic family with twelve children. It's always funny to me when people comment on how large our family is because in the Catholic world, we're really about average. Chris and I enjoyed our few hours at the vineyard and then headed north for dinner and a concert with Fr. Francis Peffley, the priest who married us. We saw an Abba tribute band at Wolf Trap. It was very good and I was only sorry the girls weren't with us to dance to "Mama Mia" and "Dancing Queen". We picked up our godson Brendan before heading back out to Woodstock so we will be enjoying his company for the next few days. I'll try not to bark too many orders at him as we prepare for Saturday's big bash!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.