Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nephews

Nephew and Godson Brendan AKA"Mr. B"
We saw Brendan swim in his last swim meet.  He took first and second in his two individual events and 
helped carry his relay team to first place as well!

As the proud mom of five girls, I often hear the question, "Are you going to keep trying for a boy?"  It annoys me because of the implication that some of our girls are failed attempts to get a boy.  Of course, Chris and I would have been happy to welcome a little boy into our family but we know that God knows best and for some reason, He's made us specialists--at least so far.  I can honestly say that I don't feel deprived, disappointed or cheated in any way because I have all girls.  One of the reasons for that may be that I have, hands down, the world's best nephews.  I think nieces and nephews are probably a preview of what grandchildren will be like--lots of fun, little responsibility.  So, I love being with them, talking to them and playing with them.  I've written before about my nephew Jonathan--the one who constantly asks me "when are you leaving?" when I visit but then wants to know "when are you coming back?" as the car pulls out of the driveway.  Then there's my godson Brendan.  He's special because of our five godchildren, he's the only boy.  He's got it all--athletic ability, smarts, goodness and great looks.  He has an interesting way of thinking and seeing the world and I love to ask him questions.  
Alex is David's oldest son and we have gotten a lot closer this year because of his Flat Alex project.  In fact, he had so much fun with it that he brought me his Flat Alex and asked me to take him back home with me so he could go to an Astros game.  He has also worn the Lance Berkman shirt we bought him just about every day since we arrived in Virginia.  Smart boy. I will definitely be buying him more presents.
Those are just a couple of my awesome nephews.  Check out the photos that follow to see more of them.  I love them all and feel very blessed to be spending a week with six of them.  A house with 13 kids and 6 adults doesn't feel crowded at all when the company is so good!

Alex tried to stow away with us

Zack is Dave and Jes' third child.  In this picture, he's doing karaoke with Mia.  I took him out for a little outing the other day and bought him a slurpee.  He wanted a medium and when I saw the size of it I said, "I don't know how you're going to drink that Zack, it's bigger than you are."  He stopped walking, put his drink on the floor, folded his arms and stood over it to show me that he is indeed bigger than the slurpee.  Too cute.

Ryan, in red, is Brendan's little brother.  He recently told his parents that he knows where God gets dressed.  He had glimpsed the priest getting ready for Mass.  More cuteness.

The blond twins.  Matthew is the youngest Kreitzer--so far.  He has the best smile and I love it when he says, "Watch Aunt Alice" and then does something cute.  He and Sophie both swam across the pool for the first time today.  Sophie still isn't breathing so she's swimming very quickly.  Congratulations you two!

Sean is Tara's baby.  He and Ella have a lot in common these days.  
They both look like angels but act like little devils.

To see pictures of my other two nephews, Jonathan and Drew, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.