Thursday, February 20, 2020

Send Off

This post was written March 7, 2012.  The pictures are from a balloon launch we did for Kirsten at "the horse playground" close to our house in Kingwood, TX.  I posted a video at the time to show that we were thinking of her and her family all the way from The Lone Star State.  I don't know why I never posted this.  Probably because I had more photos to add.  The ones I uploaded are mostly of Sophie and Ella.  Looking at it now, I can't believe how little the girls were and how much we have been through since.   

So, post before last, I talked about losing my cousin Kirsten.  I will be honest with you--I wanted to fly home.  I wanted to be there at the wake and the funeral.  I cannot think of anything I value more than my family.  And "family" to me, has never meant just mom, dad, brothers, sisters.  God gave me a big family--aunts, uncles, cousins, the whole shebang--and I love it.  I call it my "context".  I know I would not be me without them.  John Donne said, "No man is an island".  No woman either.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.