Tuesday, February 11, 2020

A New Adventure

 Flashback Post Written 10/5/2016 when I was going to re-start the blog...HA!  So much easier to start than to re-start!

I have decided that it is time to blog again.  I considered a new blog with a new name pointing to a new theme but decided that a) it's easier to take up where I left off with the blog I already have and b) the title is appropriate.  I am the "Frodo Two" of Frodo Seven, this merry band with whom I travel life.  We are each "Frodo", with a destiny that is important, scary and full of adventure.  Together, we are seven.  When I named the blog, I wondered if I would have to rename it "Frodo Eight" at some point but seven we were and seven we are today.  We will not remain seven unless all of our girls become nuns.  Growing in Frodos is a blessing we look forward to.
My goal in blogging again is to document a new phase in our home school journey.  For those of you who do not know, we have been home schooling our children for over a decade.  There are a few different definitions of home schooling out there.  Mine is "keeping the children home instead of sending them to a brick and mortar school."  There are many different ways to home school or not school formally at all.  The key word to me is "home".
That said, there are those who might say that we departed from home schooling this year when we enrolled our children in a cyber school.  A cyber school is a public school.  It is paid for by tax dollars so the computers and books and printer that we received are all gratis to us.  (Or a small token compared to the money we have been paying in taxes all these years)  The kids have teachers with whom they interact over the computer wearing head sets like little telemarketers.  But they are home. And I am home.  In fact, I am working harder now at home than I ever have in our years home schooling.  Which is interesting but I will get to that later.
As with any new venture, there are pluses and minuses.  Good days and bad and definitely ups and downs (which is a given really with four girls and a mom at home together ALL DAY LONG).  I want to chronicle them here.  Why?  Because that is the only way to remember.  There are so many things worth remembering.  Like all the web mails I have been getting from eight year old Ella telling me, "I love you Mommy xxxxxxxxx."  And all of the many reasons Sophie has given me that she is not qualified for cyber school and should be exempt from school altogether.
I am way too serious many times when I should take things more lightly.  The important thing is not what my kids know or what they can do but who they are.  As incredible individuals.
I bet they forgot to clean the litter box again......

Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.