Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Babies

How many times have I wished to go back for just a day?  An hour even.  To see my babies as they were then.  I know there were moments that I cherished then, moments when I was acutely aware of time passing quickly, morphing my little babies into little ladies.  So many moments of those days were spent being busy, busy, busy.  I have never been one to stand still or sit for long.  But if I could go back, I would sit.  I would stare into the wonder of those small eyes so fresh from God.  I look forward to eternity when this movement of time and the pain it brings is behind me.  Then I will see each of my girls in her entirety.  Baby selves, little selves and grown up selves all in one.  Not that I am in a hurry.  I still have four of them at home with me every day.  Even that will not last long though as one more is due to head off to college in the fall.  Change.  It is the one thing that does not change!

I almost deleted this post.  It is one of my many unposted drafts and it had no title.  Fortunately, I opened it before clicking the trash can icon.  I think these were a hodge podge of photos of everyday life early 2012.  What a treasure they were to see!  Thank you Alice 2012

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.