Sunday, September 18, 2011

Children Are God's Greatest Gift

What a week.  So many firsts.  Wednesday was our first day at Holy House, the home school academy we have partnered with for the year.  Friday, Chris and I experienced new carpet installation for the first time.  And this morning, Sophie sang in the choir for the very first time.  She insisted she didn't want to do it, wouldn't do it, no way.  But--she loved it.  And has been singing her choir songs all day.
A blogging friend of mine wrote a post recently about babies and the painful experience of the winding down of child bearing years.  I loved the post for the value it placed on babies.  Really--under what circumstances wouldn't we want more of something good?  And what could be better than another baby?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.
On a related note, I purchased Christmas cards the other day.  It's been a long time since I bought a real folding card with a picture and a message but I liked this one a lot.  The cover has a beautiful church on it and toward the bottom of the card, three children are playing in the snow.  Later, as I was showing the cards to Chris, I turned them over to see a phrase in italics on the back cover "Children Are God's Greatest Gift".  Perfect.


A few pics of our gifts:

At Our Lady of Walsingham

SRD First day of Kindergarten

 the pose was Mia's idea

 Grace wanted to try it

Sister love

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.