Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Look What Sophie Made

It's an earthworm habitat complete with decorative outer curtain

The Wee Saints, Sophie's class at Holy House, made these today.  Yes, there are real worms inside.  Lots of them.  Sophie is so excited about her new pets.  She learned all about how to care for them and has insisted that I not feed them meat or anything that has to be cooked.  When I expressed concern about the whole apple she was about to put in with the dirt and worms, she said, "but Mom, worms always eat through apples".  Good point.  For now though, our worms are eating grass.  
Grace helped Sophie decorate the outside of her habitat after school today.  They pulled out a slew of craft supplies and went at it working together the whole time.  I was so busy basking in the peace of children loving each other so well that I didn't notice the glitter and glue all over the floor and table until later.  The final product was a perfect decoration for Sophie's dresser.  Worm art.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.