Monday, March 8, 2010

Stories

A couple of months ago now, I began a new blogging year with a special theme and a post or two working toward an explanation of the theme's meaning in my life. Halfway through January, I was interrupted by a period of illness that turned our lives upside down. Frodo Seven was frozen where I'd left it and I haven't given it much thought until the last few days when I decided it was time to get back to this part of my life.
When I first started the blog, I resolved to write as close to daily as possible and I think I'll try to manage that again. I love the thorough record I have of our lives over the last year. I've spotlighted each of the girls at special times like birthdays or events such as races they've won or piano performances they've given. I am looking forward to holding my first blog book and enjoying all of the work of the last year.
This year, my focus may be a little different. I still plan to write about our weekly happenings but I will also write about other things--whatever comes up. My first project is to write a little bit about what has happened in my life over the past couple of months. Some of you know a little bit about that. I can only think of a few who know any details. So, I have a story to tell for anyone who's interested enough to read it.
I'd also like to get back to the story from Matthew that I was exploring when I went on my sudden hiatus. In studying it, I have been reading it differently than I've ever read it before. I have a different interpretation that most people will probably disagree with but may have a hard time disproving. I'm going to spend a little more time developing the idea and then maybe I'll share it and ask for opinions.
The one thing I will say about "Stepping out of the Boat" is that I was most interested in what Peter felt in the instant he stood gazing at Christ across the water. If I had to sum it up in one word, I would say it must have been "freedom". Freedom from himself and his worries, freedom from fear of the storm, even freedom from natural laws like gravity. And above all, freedom to love Christ fully. How amazing that must have been.

OK that's all for now. See you back here soon. Alice

4 comments:

  1. I've missed your blog and always love to read what you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freedom from worries -- my how nice that would be! I usually let my worry get in the way of my faith, or at least my prayers. I've missed you. Good to see you are "back!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice! Great to see your blog back up!! We've missed you and the entire Casa Dolye clan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to see you up and running again. i expect to catch up with you soon so put a phone call to me on your 'to do' list as my preggers brain is failing me left and right.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.