The girls have been doing a lot of unassigned letter-writing lately. On a recent trip to the Hallmark store, I let Mia and Grace pick a package of stationary to share. Not long afterward, I received a couple of "I love you, Mommy" cards on which the crayola masterpieces rivaled the cover art. My favorite though was this note from Mia to Sophie. It said,
Dear Sophie,
I love being with you. I am so happy you are my partner*. You love pink and I do too. You are so sweet. You are my BFF and I am yours. Stay sweet. I love you.
Love, Mia
*I usually pair Mia with Sophie when we're out and they recently became roomies (though Sophie will probably end up in our room until she's a teenager!)
So, this is why I love being the mom of five girls. As they get older, they'll have their own sisterhood to name and cherish. And fortunately for their Daddy, besides being all girl, they're all able to appreciate March Madness and Astros baseball as well!
Coming Up: A quick trip to the Texas shore.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.