Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Final Gift

So, in my last post of 2009, I mentioned that I had been working on one more birthday gift for FS.  I was looking for a theme, a unifying idea that would tie the year's posts together.  I like working with themes because they put a kind of fence around my brainstorming.  Without them, my mind goes in fifty different directions at once and I can drive myself--and everyone around me--crazy.
My initial idea was something having to do with the word "heart".  I dismissed it as being too cliché and easily misunderstood because, although I try to put my heart into everything I do, I get into a lot of trouble when I let it lead.  So--no trite "Living with Heart" for Frodo Seven.
I resigned myself to my favorite slogan "Bring It".  It was the theme for my parents' 40th anniversary bash last summer (which I still haven't posted about--stay tuned) and it, along with the "X" sign is Kreitzer family code for "In Everything You Do--Dig Deep--Give it All--Now".  The problem with "Bring It" though is that is firmly associated with P90X which I have never actually done completely.
Then, a day or two ago, I heard a song on the radio and inspiration struck.  It always amazed me in graduate school that I would think and think and think about an "original" topic for a paper and get nowhere.  Then, on a run or in the shower, BAM!  It would hit me.  Out of the blue.  And I would say to myself "Hey, that's good!  How did you do that?"  And I'd have no idea.  Maybe you know what I'm talking about.  That is how this happened.  
So, as you have probably guessed from the header, the theme for Frodo Seven 2010 is "Stepping out of the Boat".  To get you started on why I chose it, read Matthew 14:22-33.
See you back here mañana!

3 comments:

  1. Was it Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns?

    "Oh,what I would do to have
    the kind of faith it takes
    To climb out of this boat I'm in
    Onto the crashing waves
    To step out of my comfort zone
    Into the realm of the unknown
    Where Jesus is,
    And he's holding out his hand"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alice - you never cease to amaze and inspire me. THANK YOU! Love and Hugs, Aunt Libby

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.