"And though she be but little, she is
fierce."
Shakespeare
(brought to my attention by KD)
(check out the knee)
So, to give a little evidence of what I was saying last time about our determined girls...Grace recently taught herself to ride a two-wheeler. I took her out last week for a lesson and almost right away, she asked me to let go of the bike. I have honestly never seen a kid fall so many times while learning to ride. She ran into the curb, skidded onto her side and the worst--fell into a pricker bush, scraping her whole upper thigh on one side. There was a little fussing after that but for the most part, I didn't hear a complaint out of her. She just picked up the bike and tried again. And now, she's riding like a pro.
Not all of the behaviors that our strong-willed ladies exhibit are positive. Defiance, stubbornness, resistance to compromise (which leads to fighting that drives me crazy!)--all need correction. But I'll take all of that if it comes with the kind of determination Grace showed this week. She is tough--fierce--in a way that I wasn't as a kid. I think she will be able to do anything she wants to do. If only she survives.....:)
Sounds like she's got the makings to be a very tough, strong, unbendable Catholic. just gotta harness all that into what makes adults solid in their faith. :)
ReplyDelete