Monday, May 3, 2010

Blue

Who is that girl?

Today was crazy hair day at SMMCS and, to our surprise, Madeleine was the only eighth grader to show up with a dye job.  I drew the line at the semi-permanent options and we went with a temporary bright blue.  I like it so much I may try it myself.
In other news...the count down is on.  Graduation is near.  She's counting the days.  I'm...well, that's a story for another day.

Sophie Sophie Sophie was a little blue herself today.  This is the second time she has colored herself all over with markers.  I put the scare in her today and told her that the marker seeps through her skin into her bloodstream and that's bad.  Very bad.  (That's true, right?)

Tonight when I picked Grace up to go upstairs, she looked at me and said, "You're cute."  I'll take that.

Ella loves big sis' Mia.  Mia has started carrying her around on her back whenever possible--a huge help to me.  Ella continues to insist that she will not get in the pool this summer.  Little does she know, under, bubbles, kick is coming...soon!  I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blue hair! We ought not take ourselves too seriously! I was going to dye a streak of my hair blue before the retreat and just didnt get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto from Robin - love the blue hair. One tid-bit of advice about the markers. My friend's daughter (Jessica) used permanent markers on her arms, so her mom suggested that she use a "Magic Eraser" to remove it. Don't do this - magic erasers are made with fiberglass. She started to itch, so her Mom told her to put water on it - this made it worse. What a fiasco. BTW - graduation from 8th grade already? Unbelievable. Your girls are beautiful! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.