Thursday, October 4, 2018

Glad Game

On our way to Arkansas at the end of April, the girls and I listened to Pollyanna, a story with which we were familiar but one that easily grabbed our attention again.  I could digress here and talk about the fact that audio books are a true gift from heaven and make long car rides not only bearable but anticipated but I won't do that.  Instead I will observe that of all the details of Pollyanna, the one easiest to recall is her glad game.  Pollyanna literally changes her whole town by teaching people to play her game of finding things to be glad about in the face of adversity.  Of course, after an accident that paralyzes her from the waist down, Pollyanna struggles to play.  It takes her a long time to find something to be glad about again.
I can relate to that.  Sometimes life's bleakness blocks out the light and while hope hasn't completely raised the white flag, it at least goes into hiding.  It is in this state that I turn back to my old friend Frodo (Seven).  When I started this blog back in 2008, I intended it to highlight all of the goodness in my life, especially the little things I took for granted.  And it did, beyond my wildest dreams.  When I surf the blog, I find so many treasures in the form of memories of my sweet girls and my own thoughts as a young(er) mom.  The girls (mostly Grace) have asked me often to start the blog again but like anything set aside, it has been hard to pick up again.
I hope that today's post is the first in a new series of reminders that life is good because God is good and He loves us.
So let's see--I am glad for my family and am glad to have so many daughters.  I am glad for our recent trip to Canada and for the photo below taken at Prince Edward Island.  I am especially glad for Faith.  Without it, there would be no Hope at all.  Until next time!

Frodo Seven   August 2018

1 comment:

  1. I’m still here. I love seeing old blogs resurrect on my feed, and loved seeing your face on this post. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.