I have heard it said that, when traveling, a person should do what the locals do. Pass on the tourist attractions, get off the beaten path and really live the place. Yesterday, while driving around, we saw people swimming in the river under a bridge close to where we were staying. This afternoon, we headed over and spent a glorious three hours or so swimming in the river and jumping off the bridge. Sophie surprised me by being the most enthusiastic jumper and swimmer. Time after time, she floated from where we were sitting on the dock to the ladder at the end, climbed out, jumped off the bridge and repeated. She met a friend--Gigi--who swam with her but was reluctant to jump again after one try. Ella swore she would not jump but ended up going twice. In fact, we all jumped multiple times. It was a lot of fun, just the right amount of scary and the river swimming is my favorite kind. The water in this particular river heads to Niagara Falls meaning that the water we swam in ran over the falls not long after it touched us. I think that is pretty cool. Definitely the best of the day.
Later, Chris and I walked to the Queen's Guard Bar and spent an hour over beer on the patio. The beer was not my favorite or that might have competed for best of the day. Instead, it was just good time spent in beautiful weather on our last night in Niagara Falls.
On the Horn Blower cruise. On the US side, it is called
The Maid in the Mist and the ponchos are blue.
I had a rain coat with me so I opted not to wear the red trash bag er poncho
All red
The US side. On the right is Bridal Veil Falls.
Another cattle boat. They really did pack us in.
River swimming
I've always suspected Sophie of being a fairy but maybe she's really a mermaid.
Very clear sign
Dock sittin' cuties
Ella said never but jumped more than once
She gave it a thumbs up
Oldest three dames jumping together. This may have been Mia's first jump. She did not wear her bathing suit to the river because she hadn't planned on swimming. The fun persuaded her to go back and change!
I think this photo shows that we are not in Kansas (or Pennsylvania) anymore
I'm not sure how many times Sophie climbed up this ladder. Many times 10.
Two sunflowers
Look at that face.
Canada? US?
Goodbye sweet Niagara Falls B & B! Next up--Quebec City.






























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.