Monday, July 30, 2012

Fun, Fun, Fun While Daddy is So Far Away

 The Great Maze at Luray Caverns

Mia wanders through the misters into the maze

Our second cavern visit of the summer, Luray did not disappoint.  The girls and I survived the windy drive along 211 from New Market to Luray where we bought our tickets and bravely entered the maze.  It was a lot of fun, probably the highlight of the day.  Our objective was to find four different goals where we got our tickets stamped on our way to the exit.  We wandered through a tunnel, stopped at a lookout and a fountain and stumbled into many a dead end.  We had a little too much help at times from fellow maze wanderers who thought we would appreciate a tip like, "the next one is right around there".  Come on people--it's a puzzle!  We're supposed to solve it.  As always, my fun was in the photos...

Sisters--different flowers from the same garden

getting stamped at Goal 2

The other day, I asked Ella what scares her.  Her answer?  Ghosts, monsters and when I'm not with you mama.
That was a heart melter for sure.






All four goals stamped!

Acting out the "dead end"
 Luray Caverns


I really enjoy walking through caverns.  I like to imagine what it would have been like to discover them or even to live in a cave way back when.  Caves feel like cozy, safe places to me.   I am hoping to take the girls to Endless Caverns before the end of the summer.  After that, I think we will be able to call ourselves cavern connoisseurs of the Shenandoah Valley!

oldest and youngest

Mia and "Plato's Ghost"

The Fab Five

Yum!  Fried eggs!

Sophie wants some


So that's it.  The first blog post since...well, it's been awhile.  I've missed Frodo Seven.  As I've said before, it makes me appreciate my life and the people I share it with.  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Enjoyed the pics and commentary, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.