Look, I'm THREE!
So, I think December 26th has to be the worst day to have a birthday. Really. With all the preparation leading up to Christmas, who has any energy left? That said, Ella is worth celebrating.
For her birthday this year, I made her a very small two layer cake--with her help. I also did a little photo shoot to capture her newly three-year-old self. Ella took a birthday call from Father Peffley about halfway through the day (we've heard from him a lot this week) and later, we hosted G and G Doyle for chili and Ella's favorite, mac and cheese. Chaucer came as honored party guest.
We're planning a joint Minnie and Mickey party for her and Sophie for February when her best friend and cousin Anya is here. For now, she's happy with her new doll. When Sophie admired her, Ella told her, "You can have her if you want" and melted her Mama's heart.
We love you, dear one!
Super Ella
(cape from K and A Doyle--gracias!)
Helping with the cake
Birthday photos
(I normally take the girls to The Picture People for their birthday photos but figured with my new knowledge, I should save the money and make them more personal. I'm happy with the result.)
Little queen and friends
I love you so much!
Ella and her Elizabeth "Lizzy"
Ella and Chaucie
With número uno Mickey Mouse
Posing with one of the threes
Take a good look at this birthday princess chair. You will see it again.
Sophie enjoys the party
I think Chaucer had fun. He is the best dog ever.
Ella is a great mama right off the bat.
Coming up--the rest of the birthday marathon and a fun New Year's Eve celebration.
Don't miss it!
Happy birthday, Ella. The present's is on the way! Love, Gramma
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the pictures, Alice!!
ReplyDelete