Friday, June 25, 2010

Home For Sale

So, it's been two months of prepping, two months of cleaning, two months of making ourselves scarce at an hour's notice and still no serious buyers for Casa Doyle. I haven't been anxious about any of this or even disappointed as showing after showing goes by without an offer but as we near the 60 day mark, I am starting to wonder where we will lay our heads come the fall.
We have discussed the possibility of renting a house in Woodstock, VA while our home in Texas continues to show. We want to rent for a year regardless and, with a little tightening of the belt, could do it and pay our mortgage as well. Of course, it could take six months, a year, to sell our house and that makes us both a little nervous.
The truth is, I could make either situation work--Woodstock or Kingwood. I'm happy with our current home and with a few changes, could come up with space for a homeschool room--my number one priority for the coming year. Or, I could set up shop in Virginia and get very excited about playing in the snow this winter. Really, it's all about Chris and the girls (and any other little Doyles that we're blessed with--another reason we want to get settled somewhere.) I don't need granite counter tops or a big master bath. Really, I just need my sweet family. And maybe a mantle for hanging our Christmas stockings....

The photos below are from our trip to Chuck E. Cheese yesterday when someone came to see the house. Those of you who know me well may have heard me say that if I were to write a parody of The Divine Comedy, Chuck E. Cheese would be the setting of one of the outer rings of the inferno (Walmart would be another). Yesterday was a lot of fun though. We skipped the food and it wasn't crowded. The only negative was hearing Ella's petrified wails at the sight of Chuck E. Her sisters ran interference for her though and it was all good. Fun all around.

Ella, not sure she likes this place with the big mouse running around

Ella's still looking around for Chuck E.


I like this one


They pooled their tokens and tickets and shared a big bag of cotton candy and a few other goodies. It was one of those times I wished I could be a part of their sister group. Very fun.

Random picture of Grace's new flip flops. A friend handed down three big bags of clothes and things. It was like Christmas for Grace and Sophie.
Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.