Written December 30, 2011 while we were in South Padre Island for Christmas Break. Memories...
I was watching the girls play in the pool and hot tub while finally writing Christmas cards on our back deck. They were using the hot tub more like mini-pool, swimming around, even wearing goggles. Seeing Mia's goggles sitting unguarded on the side for a moment, Grace decided to throw them in the pool, the idea being that Mia would have to jump into the freezing cold water to retrieve them. There was a bit of heated discussion around the unfairness of this and I had intervened to tell Grace that she should either go get Mia's goggles herself or give Mia her own goggles. Then--"SPLASH!" Without fanfare, Super Sophie had jumped into the pool to save the day. I was so proud of her. Her sisters were too.
Chris read us the first Chapter of Ray Bradbury's
Frost and Fire. Listening to Chris read is probably the most soothing thing in my world. He has a great voice. Apparently the girls think so too because they all fell asleep. Grace was lying with me, pretty much on top of me, and was asleep--and twitching--within seconds. I think we may have discovered a new secret formula. Unfortunately, it did not work on Ella and when Chris and I left Madeleine in charge a bit later, she was still awake and playing games on my cell phone. (It feels like we have two teenagers in the house.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.