Friday, February 15, 2019

Daddy-Grams 2019

Which was the first year that Chris made his special Valentines for the girls?  I do not know but they have become a joyfully anticipated staple of our February 14th routine.  I play support person by choosing and printing pictures but Chris does the rest.  I always have favorites and this year, it is a tie between G's and mine.  G's for cuteness of image and message and mine because it is so funny.  Since when do zebras chase lions?  And why is Chris so solemn?  Am I outrunning him?  That seems unlikely.  In addition to cards, Chris laid out breakfast for the girls including ready-to-pour pancake batter.  He truly knows the way to their hearts!
As for me, I was treated to a five course dinner on the 12th at our local brewery.  It was so much fun and not too fancy which is the way I like it.  The beer pairings were brilliant and I especially enjoyed the sour cherry beer I sampled midway through dinner.  Conversation-wise, the best part was when we each took a quiz to discover our Star Wars character (as I said, it was a casual dinner).  Chris got Hans Solo and I got Luke which did not make me happy as he is so much more whiny than I am 😉

I really like Valentine's Day because it can be a lot or not much and still be just right. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.