Monday, March 21, 2016

A Party for Tramp


Tramp, Dog of the Hour, Birthday Boy Extraordinaire

Tramp turned one last week.  We know this because the tag he wore when he was gifted to Ella told her when he was born and even his name.  Of course naming a pet is the exclusive privilege of the owner who loves him and Ella loves to call him "Tramp".  
A little over a week ago, these small pictures began to appear on the walls of our home.  Adorable as they are, I confess that at first, I did not know what they were.  Can you guess?




Balloons!  Of course they are.  Ella informed us that she was giving a birthday party for Tramp and that these were decorations.  Over the next week, Chris and I helped her with the details of planning.  I helped Ella print out a series of coloring pages for one of the party games.  Chris collaborated on the menu and took Ella shopping.
Sunday morning was busy.  I got called to fill in for a sick lector at the 8 AM Mass, not our normal choice.  We all got up and dressed and to the church not only on time but early.  After that, there was CCD for everyone except Chris who went home to prep the party feast.  Finally at about 1:30, we were all ready to PAR TAY--or at least eat lunch!
One of the party details was that each guest had to bring a stuffed friend.  To make it authentic, Ella asked us all to go outside with our "date" for the day and knock on the front door.  Then, each guest had to pick a party hat for his or her furry friend.  The party hats?  Socks from the lonely sock box.  Perfect! And something I never would have thought of.  The sock hats may have been my favorite detail of the day.
From there, we moved on to a fantastic lunch of chili and fruit salad.  I may or may not have gone with the frito option for my chili.  After lunch came the games.  There was a bowling game, Simon Says, Copy my Dance Moves and a coloring contest that no one actually won.  After that were photo booth photos and a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday dear Tramp" followed by ice cream indulgence.  
Can I just say I haven't been to a party I enjoyed this much in a long time?  Ella did a great job.  

Not every day is like Sunday was in our family.  But days like that make me so grateful.  Including for a little grey dog named Tramp.  

And many more buddy.

Hostess Ella saying grace before lunch

Simon says.  "Simon" included a lot of burpees.  Very glad was I to be the photographer!

Zootopia page from C to me.  He colors really well, no?
 Photo Booth Photos:





Tramp with his treat.  His eyes were bigger than his stomach.

Photographer selfie.  Pooh Bear was my date for the day.  Don't you love his hat?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the next generation of ultimate party planners. Certainly takes after her mom, aka -- Julie from Love Boat. LOL! Wish we were close enough to join the fun. :(

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.