Monday, September 8, 2014

Gratitude Challenge

My cousin Natasha called me out on Facebook to do the gratitude challenge.  I am to list three things a day seven days in a row for which I am most grateful.
I decided to do the challenge on the blog instead of Facebook because the genesis of Frodo Seven was gratitude.  My intention was to celebrate the moments, some big but mostly small, that make my life a wonderful adventure.  It was probably the best gift I have ever given myself.  I learned to recognize the little gems offered to me each day and I became a happier and more grateful person.
Gratitude is a wonderful habit and it must be practiced deliberately.  I have noticed that some people are more naturally content than others but that is not the same thing as being grateful.  Gratitude is not just a feeling.  It may begin as a feeling but true gratitude leads to action, an expression of thanks, a reaching out, a sincere effort to share with another the wonderful experience of having something for which to be thankful.
Because I am not writing this on Facebook, I am not nominating anyone specific to continue the chain.  Instead, I challenge everyone reading this to make an act of gratitude.  It could be a prayer, a thank you note or a small gift for a person in your life who deserves thanks.

Gratitude List

Day One 

Natasha with her grandma, my Aunt Peggy


#1  I will start with the person who challenged me to do this, my cousin Natasha.  Natasha is my cousin Ron's daughter and I met her for the first time last year.  I am grateful to have met her and even more grateful to have the chance to finally get to know her.  There are a lot of things I like about Natasha but the thing I appreciate most is her love of family.  She has made a big effort to come from Ohio to the reunion parties Chris and I have hosted for the last two years as well as many other Kreitzer family gatherings since we moved to PA.  She pitches in, plays games and generally makes the party a better one by being there.  She is a simply awesome first cousin once removed and I love her much.

Most of the Kreitzer extended family at Casa Doyle 8/30/14
#2  My big extended family.  I grew up in the context of two very large families.  Both of my parents were one of ten and I am rich in aunts, uncles and cousins.  I wouldn't trade it.

#3  Body Pump.  I love it.  For those of you who don't know, it is a weight training class that uses weights on a bar to work 8 different muscle groups over the course of an hour.  I've been doing it for five years and it makes me feel strong.  I just did BP this evening which is why I thought of it.

Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.