Day Two in Sin City:
The first thing Chris and I did Monday morning was run. Separately because he's faster than I am. I ran past an old man sleeping on the bench at the bus stop, the high rises and Vegas glitz rising all around him. I have a feeling Mother Teresa would not have just kept going. I felt like the guys in the parable of the good samaritan but, what to do? I thought about him for the rest of the day.
After that, we went out to buy me shoes. I brought some very pretty but very impractical shoes for walking the strip (this was not deliberate). On the way to buy shoes, I tripped twice prompting Chris to say, "Come on--I already said we could buy you shoes"--which was not very nice but I forgave him.
Jes and Dave landed around 1:30 so we got the rental car and headed back to the airport where Chris accidentally got in the taxi lane and had to drive across a median to get where we needed to go. We felt like the Dukes of Hazard, pulling away just as the security guard came running over.
I really wished we had made a sign. I was so excited to see Dave and Jes. I did yell rather loudly "Welcome to Vegas, Kreitzers!" when I caught sight of them. It was the first Dave and Jes sighting since last August and I had missed them a lot!
We dropped off the luggage and the car and went to the strip to walk around. I didn't take nearly enough photos of all of that but in my defense, it was pretty overwhelming. Shops and sights and people, people, people everywhere. Of course, we ended up in a casino. The first of several over the course of the trip. After that, dinner at a restaurant across from the Belagio. No pictures of that dinner. (I am seriously slipping.) It was great fun and great food though. And we saw the fountains in front of the Belagio. The water shot higher than the roof. Amazing. No pictures. (shucky darns)
 |
| I'm opening a clever caption contest for this photo. Doesn't Jes look svelte? It's all that tennis. |
 |
| gathering for the indoor storm |
 |
| I thought this was very cool |
 |
| Craps was the first table to get our money. All of these photos are out of focus because I was using a point and shoot camera without the flash but I really like them anyway. This one in particular. Notice: Chris is rolling and his face is the only part of the picture in focus. |
 |
Dave, so serious. Chris got scolded for not hitting the far wall with the dice.
He rolled them over the edge at least once trying to compensate. Beginner's foibles. |
 |
| I think craps is a really cool game and I can never remember how to play it. So I watched. |
 |
| Chris roll again |
 |
| Jes' roll |
 |
| Teaching moment by Dave |
That's all for now.
Peace Y'all.
 |
| Hofbraus Night #1 |
Thanks for the pics (and nice comments). Can we go back? That was fun and I could really use another vacation. ; )
ReplyDelete